Tkr

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all it will be a 1year from i got tkr on my left knee from monday ive had pain in the front of my knee and also at the back of knee knee is also swollen hurts if i use the knee walking down the stairs especially at the back of the knee ok going upstairs but not going down the stairs have to do good leg then bad leg coming down the stair has anyone had the same problem.x

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Yes I have the same problem plus I never gained full bend back my dr says it is what it is I'm not satisfied with that answer I will be seeking 2nd opinion

• Posted

Thank you i go to see my consultant on i think 24 feb hopefully i will get some answers. No one ever said about gained full bend back still doing exercise and ice pack going to see my own doctor friday morning just to be on the safe side.x

• Posted

the stairs are something you have to work at it's been a year for me and I still have problems going up and down stairs i don't push it eventually it will get better things will be different from now on you just have to learn what you can and can't do all in all I am so happen I can walk listen to your knee you may have to ice sometime or rest your knee sometime Blessings

• Posted

Thank you michele hopefully it does get better i still ice do the exercise and rest im happy that i can walk also hopefully it will get better blessing to you.too.x

• Posted

Hope your 2nd opinion is helpful. The 14th will be one month for me. How dare that Dr. say that.

I had a Rotator Cuff surgery several years ago. After the first year I was still in pain. Dr. didn't know why. I got a 2nd opinion and surgery and my shoulder is fine now. I can't imagine not having use of my shoulder or knee.

Please let us know what the new Dr. says. Hang in there.

• Posted

Thank you still swollen n painful hopefully will get it sorted 2 morrow yes 2nd was helpful.x

• Posted

Been to see my own dr on Friday morning just gone no infection in knee the swelling n pain is because of the cold weather i do wear thermals 2layers i wear the dr give .e a sicknote till 1st feb i go to see my consultant on the 24th feb hopefully will get some . For the reason for the pain n swelling.x

• Posted

Not sure I agree with that. I put ice on my knee all day long to help with the swelling. So you would think cold would help reduce swelling. What does he suggest to reduce swelling and pain? Heat??? I would be interested to know.

Thanks for sharing.

• Posted

Hi thats what the doctor said to me i do ice mine exercise done everything what they told me to do i did notice that when weather got colder my knee was sor eand swollen but from i went back to work after Christmas it got colder. Thats what i got told was the cause on Friday morning just gone.i will see my consultant who did tne tkr on 24feb which is not long off.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.