TKR 7 weeks ago how much pain does everyone still have at night! I still have a lot!

Posted , 7 users are following.

I had TKR 7 weeks ago and still have a great deal of pain at night! Just curious if everyone else still has a lot of pain at night!

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Suemom yes i came off most pain relief at around 6 weeks during day but still needed them at night along with ice. I'm 10weeks now and still waken twice a night (some time more) due to moving and being stiff and uncomfortable. I do get back over quicker but when waken try not to move quickly lie and let pain pass. It is improving but just takes time. My consultant said around 12weeks should see big improvement in every way. Just something else not told before. Best wishes for your continuing recovery x
    • Posted

Sorry should have said i only take odd brufen at night now and not every night my leg wakens me due to stiffness and being uncomfortable, I do some nights find it hard to get comfortable in first place and toss and turn......like tonight!!
  • Posted

Hi Sue...I'm also 7 wks out. And other than the annoyance of the knee feeling tight and swollen, i wouldn't describe it as painful.

Im not on any pain meds at all other than Tylenol for the headaches i get from the frustration of it all.

What's your ROM at?

• Posted

Hi sue

I have discomfort most nights but real pain ceased about 6 weeks. I take one Paracetamol/Codeine tab at night because I cannot get comfy lying on my side. Some nights a full night's sleep is hard to accomplish but the hydro pool exhausts me in a good way so I usually get 4/5 hours. Painkillers can be your friend! Good luck sue.

• Posted

Hmm I am 65yrs woman, 3 weeks post op. I have been exercising hard and seem to have movement but still pain and feelings of taut elastic bands where muse and ligaments used to be. My leg swells a lot and I rest a lot l

don't have much pain at night, I take my painkillers and find the most comfortable relaxed position sometimes using a pillow for support. Do you use ice for the bruising, that's helped me a lot ...good luck

• Posted

Hi sue mom I am 10 weeks po. And I still have issues with sleeping. I stopped pain meds at 7 weeks. I just use tylenol on occasion. I get the "restless leg thing". Not pain just a restless thing. Happens every night. Last night when I woke I just layed there. Didn't move at all. It was hard to do but I eventually went back to sleep. Hoping for the same tonight. Every one keeps saying it does get better. I am much better than a week ago so I guess they're right! Take care and rest when you can.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.