Tkr

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all had my tkr which will be 18mths at the end of july how long does it take for bruseing to go as ive still got some the pain at time is horrible right across the knee. Still doing exercises icing. Wondering if its to do with the tilba bone ect.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

wow thats strange my bruising is gone after 1 1/2 months and i fell 3 days after surgery and had to have a revision so 18 months you should be feeling better but some folks are different i would call my surgeon and have him do some xrays or just exam it thats really strange File size is too bigFile size is too big

• Posted

i am 7 weeks+ and my 2 year knee is terrific and the new one is almost there! i have been so fortunate this time you should be pain free go see your surgeon

• Posted

Im at hospital tomorrow to see my consultant hopefully get it sorted thank you

• Posted

That doesn't sound right. I had no bruising at all. Has it been continuous or does it come and go and have you seen a doctor about it ? If you have, what did they say? Maybe ask for a second opinion? Good luck.

• Posted

Im at hospital tomorrow hopefully get it sorted no its all the time and some times i lose my balance so hopefully i get it sorted. Thank you.

• Posted

Anna, mine will be 18 mths at end of July also, and I still have pain, swelling, warmness, and stiffness. STILL doing PT, water and land PT. had MUA at 9 mths po with a sscope to clean out scar tissue. Have appt in Aug with surgeon about possibly doing another sscope to clean scar tissue..... I wish to hell i had NEVER had this surgery. It's a huge money maker for the surgeons. I finally found a surgeon that I trust, after firing the one that did my initial TKR. So frustrating... more than frustrating.......

• Posted

Martha i been to see my consultant today got bloods taken and booked in for a ultra scan and back to see him again in 4wks hopefully they sort it out. Im sorry as well i got it done.

• Posted

Well went today to see my consultant had to get blood test done and he he has booked me in for a ultra scan back to see him in 4wks to see what the problem is.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.