Tkr

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi had my tkr 18mths ago till brused had ulta scan on fri pain across just below where knee cap anyone know what it could be got to see consultant for the results of the scan

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I had a partial knee replacement on my left knee in 2016 I had to have a completely new knee because the partial filled in 2017. My kneecap has always felt swollen and has always bothered me and seem to be not getting better at allThe x-rays show the knee is in great shape so I really wasn’t sure what was causing the pain. so I started physical therapy and the therapist has been working on the kneecap area stretching all the ligaments tendons etc. not going to go into detail but it is so much better and I’ve only been going about six visits and doing the exercises that he suggested. I’m going to finish my session which is about six more visits and I’m sure by then it’ll be much better. I had fallen on that knee about a year ago not too long after surgery and I’m sure that didn’t help but the kneecap seem to be frozen in place.

• Posted

I had a partial knee replacement 12 weeks ago. My knee feels painful like it's bruised just below the kneecap. My PT said it's likely due to weakness in the quad still and explained that's where the ligament attaches. I was surprised as I would never have put it down to quad muscle but she took me into the gym and on the weights machines showed me how my muscles are so much weaker on the operated side (although they are getting much stronger). Exercises at home to build your quads: 1. stand from seated position on chair and repeat until legs get tired. To make it harder put non operated leg slightly further forward than bad leg before you stand. 2. Step ups. Step up onto your bottom stair or an aerobic step with bad leg and bring good leg up to join. Step back down leading with bad leg again and repeat until muscles tired.

Cycling or stationary bike good too, increasing the resistance to build the muscles.

• Posted

Thank goodness you are seeing the consultant again.

In case you can't read my reply to someone else.

I had TKR 7 years ago and about 18 months ago I developed an infection in knee that was replaced.

Went back to same consultant. Initially he was very worried and thought he would have to operate again. However he managed to sort it out with intravenous anti biotics.

Sarah

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.