TKR

Posted , 16 users are following.

10 wks postop and still pain and aching what must i do any info would be helpful ....... feeling discouraged

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

I had an operation done for severe frozen shoulder in February and after having physiotherapy and taking very strong painkillers. The physio ended in July and I am still taking the medication which is Tramadol. I am still suffering massively been referred back for physio and possibly to see the consultant again.

I have had to increase the doseage due to the pain and going back to the doctors on Monday as still not heard anything yet and that was 3 weeks ago.

I wish u all the best as I know what you must be going through.

• Edited

What was your op for?

• Edited

TKR is a serious operation and you need to take time over recovery. I watched one being done recently. 10 weeks is not a long time and you should find that you slowly improve over time. They say that after a knee replacement, your knee will feel warm and look red and swollen for about two to three months. Stiffness and soreness usually lasts three to six months before gradually subsiding. You'll have full recovery about 12-18 months after your surgery.

• Posted

Wow and tyvm yes i been doing alot of reading and everyone says the same thing , I guess Im impatient and found out that I can't rush this per my PT today .

• Posted

Why don't you go onto the TKR forum on this board? Lots of fellow TKR people to chat to.

• Posted

Sorry to hear that you are still in pain after 10 wks postoperative. I have had 2 TKR and in both cases I stood up on my feet the following day after surgery and started walking , you should not experience any pain after few days, in your case I think you must go back to see the consultant , this can be an I faction or something else. contact the hospital or walk in to E&E they need to do blood test and scan to see what is going on with you. don't leave it too late. good luck.

• Posted

oh i have been walking and doing PT and have went back to DR and everyone says this is normal so discouraging

• Posted

Hi Jowanna

When I had a fall from my favourite horse whose height was 17.2hh. (which is quite big) , I fractured my pelvis & was in constant pain -couldnt get out of bed. I had to relearn how to walk again with a physio & mum came down morning & afternoon to help me get dressed, washed etc. I used a lot of volterol which thankfully i have requested to have on my repeat prescription . & using that with physio eventually helped me get my pelvis back to normal.

Im slowly but surely resuming my riding -

Please try to be positive.I hope you are pain free soon

• Posted

I Had total knee replacement on September the 9th, 2019. Surgery went well. Began rehab 3 days after surgery at home, and PT in town after that. At 6 weeks I had developed adhesions in-spite of aggressive PT and had a manipulation under anesthesia to break up the adhesions. My knee would not straighten or bend to the degree necessary. Also placed in a machine/ brace to assist with ROM It is now November 21! Range of motion still NOT good and pain from all of this never ever stops. Sharp stabbing pain, bruising pain, aching pain, every kind of pain. Pain meds barely work. I spoke with my surgeon about any alternative treatments available. Was told no. I must soldier through. I am to old to be a soldier. I do not like level 4 through 10 pain. I stopped the aggressive therapy and I returned the torture brace. I did some research on my own and opted to try laser therapy to speed up the healing and blood flow to the area hopefully stopping adhesions from forming. I was told by this Dr that there has been great success. First treatment was yesterday. I have another Friday. Knee felt great after treatment and I did have better range of motion based on getting in and out of the car. Hope it continues. My pain level this morning is aggravating but tolerable. Back of the knee area.

Anyway. I wanted to share

• Posted

Thanks for sharing this

would very strong ibuprofen be ok do you think ? .Glad your surgery went well. sorry to hear your e in pain .I know how it felt -from when I broke my pelvis so I do feel sorry for you

• Posted

Im 10 week post op walking ok driving short distances still have swelling in leg and still needing strong painkillers especially at night I cannot get onto the floor and struggle to get up off a low chair even now The physio says all this is normal and not to worry its a long recovery

• Posted

thank you for sharing your experience, listening to 12-18 months is a long time and like myself I am exhausted from.all the pain and not sleeping

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.