Tkr

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all had tkr 31st jan 2018 had issues with it the hamstring tendon n ligamen t is olive oil wrapping your knee in clingfilm helpful. I have also been doing physio which has helped me loads. Not been in work from 12th june 2019 . Nearly lost my job because of it. Im wondering do i come under disablity act 2010 as it a long term condition i have. Been to occupational health he said i do. And also i know what i can n cannot do. Any thing helpful please as i just want to get back to work.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

My TKR was also on Jan. 31, 2018. Unfortunately , I am having a revision on that knee on April 13..... or fortunately...... I know this one will work.... Im sorry you are having problems too. Especially the work issue... I am and have been retired, thank goodness.

Take care and good luck

• Posted

ANNA.. Im not sure what country you are in. Have you asked occupational health about any retraining available to you.Two years since your TKR have you asked for a second opinion. I had my left TKR in NOVEMBER 2018. i had many problems and my surgeon wanted to do more surgery. I asked for a 2nd opinion at an orthopedic hospital. My replacement TKR was in September 2019. i am so pleased with my results...pain free...able to walk... well worth asking for a second opinion.

• Posted

I had bilateral TKR December 10, 2019 and had a lot of issues with muscle aches, ITband, hanstrings etc. My naturopath suggested using castor oil and it helped immensely. I wrapp my legs in plastic wrap, and then use a heating pad to activate the castor oil. I wrap the heating pad around my knees and calves and leave it on for as long as I can. It has made a big difference for me. I also found a couple of stretches online for the ITband that has changed everything. I cannot believe the difference in my muscles, including hamstrings and the progress that I have made in the last month because of this. My chiropractor gave me a stretch for the hamstrings where I stand on the step, hold the handrail, put my toes, or as close to the tip of my toes, on the step and let my heals drop down. I do this ten times a couple of times a day. This only took a couple of days to make a difference. I would suggest googling stretches as I found more information by doing that than any of my physiotherapists gave me. It seems like a very long time that you have been suffering. I am sorry that you are going through this.

• Posted

Thank you will defo try this yes i have been suffering with it a bit as u do tell the dr n consultant only in july 2019 did thet listen has a ultra scan and thats when it started to get sorted.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.