TKR 8 weeks ago. I have done daily PT, but ROM is poor, stuck at 90. Need aggressive ROM exercises.

Posted , 12 users are following.

I am 57, good health. Had TKR 8 weeks ago, followed by immediate in-home PT, then out patient PT. Faithful with my daily exercises, but no progress with ROM. I can't imagine enduring more pain, but I need ideas for more aggressive bending exercises. I have been stck at 90 degrees for weeks.

1 like, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hello cindy28038,

I am 6 weeks post 'll from left tkr. When I am getting rom I have my wife help. When trying to get the bend to , I would get to the point of not moving.

I would have her help by pushing or sliding ankle back. Or you can raise the leg and bend at the I we left I gravity pull down. Do this a few times and then relax. You will have pain.

This was my second tkr. Right knee was done 3 years ago.

Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.