TKR and driving

Posted , 7 users are following.

I had TKR 7 weeks ago , right knee .I don't yet feel confident to drive .although not in too much pain, bending the knee is very uncomfortable and I worry about about braking etc. I was wondering how long before others were happy to drive .

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

having my 2nd knee done 4 weeks ago , ive been driving today with no problems at all , this was my left knee clutch only , the other knee was 6 weeks post opp ,but my right knee was harder to get in the car and found it hard because you have to swop peddles over so the twist on the right knee did give me some pain ,
    • Posted

Debbie, you have had both knees done firly close together , any regrets ? You sound as though you are doing well 
    • Posted

no not at all , i took more controle over the pain , i was more relaxed and knew what was going to happen , and learnt how to deal with sleeping , dressing , washing and all the things you dont think about with the first time round . good luck with your 2nd 
    • Posted

Yes, I can understand that , I have even decided I want to get up the the first day instead of bed pans, I am sure I could lol .i am hating  the thought of 6 weeks of stockings though ..Today , the left knee doesn't hurt lol . See what happens Friday . Good luck to you 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.