tkr ,doing fair here in the U.S

Posted , 7 users are following.

I had a tkr 13 days ago . No problem sleeping, lie with leg elevated well on pillows. Although I am a side sleeper , I have had no difficulty sleeping. I did experience a bout with dehydration. Oh, that was horrible. I am 65, so they find it better for me to walk with a walker. I am better everyday. the leg swells if I leave it dependent too long, but I ice .elevate and walk as tolerated. I found I have to be positive or , I will descend into depression again , and that is a very dark place that I suffered from before ( over a divorce ) . I love reading the blogs posted . We are all different, but it makes me feel good that I am not alone . Thanks for bein here for me ! 

God Bless us all !!

2 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Everyone recovers differently,

I am so pleased you are doing so well, it gives peolpe hope. I was out of bed the same day walking around. I am now 6 weeks post op, I still get some pain bit of has not stopped me painting sheds . I elevate and ice as and when I need it. Best wishes to you .God bless you

• Posted

Sorry I had just read back what I wrote, it does not make much sense

Best wishes

• Posted

Good for you, and well done! Yes, a positive mind set is essential! Good healing to you!
  • Posted

Hi Gayle, the posts here are very positive and have kept me from going into depression over the last 7 weeks, I never thought at 50 that I would struggle so much, how wrong I was!  Keep going and when times are tough, log on and talk to these guys for support! Best Wishes.
  • Posted

The depression you may feel is a very specific type...nothing like other depressive situations...

https://patient.info/forums/discuss/tkr-and-post-operative-depression-604195

It has a very specific cause and a very specific remedy.  Once you realize that it's "fake" depression, you kick it out the door and it doesn't come back.  Face it, beat it over the head with a club.  Gone.

• Posted

yep coming out of it more than slowly, but surely !! thanks !!

• Posted

Gayle,so happy to hear you are doing so well after 13 young days of your TKR!! That is awesome ! Keep doing your therapy,and all needed at this time ,and of course continue to be optimistic!, it helps a lot!!! 

Good luck to you and speedy recovery!

• Posted

You're lucky you're able to have a good sleep, a lot of people can't for a long while. I'm sure that helps to give more strength during the day. I was lucky, able to sleep from day one and now 6 weeks later I'm lying on my side, my tummy. So comfy. It does get easier, honestly. I wish you all the best in your recovery

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.