TKR first referral appointment Monday - key questions to ask. Help please!

Posted , 7 users are following.

I saw my GP last Friday as the time has come - have discussed in other posts - and asked for a referral. Phone call this morning with appointment Monday at 5:30! I have started to make a list of things I want to cover in the appointment but know the people on this forum know far more than me so I am appealing for your help. I am going on NHS Choices to a local private hospital I have been well treated at before under the NHS and luckily I am seeing an excellent surgeon. 

Many thanks - any help gratefully received.

Gill X 

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

good luck tomorrow smile

• Posted

Thanks for remembering Debbie! I have prepared a list of what problems I have and treatments I have tried plus a list of questions. Not really worried about the appointment but there is a concern in my mind that he might tell me to go away and loose weight then come back! I'm about one stone over what I want to be and am dieting. My GP has not said anything so maybe I'm worryingly about nothing! 

I read your post about the pain in your second knee. What a thing to happen after 12 weeks. I hope others who have experience of this give you some advice and hope it improves very soon.

Kind regards,

Gill X

• Posted

I don't thinkyou should worry about your weight if tour only a stone over. If your BMI is under 30 they should do it.
    • Posted

Thanks Carol! Just checked my BMI and it's 27 so that should be ok.

Kind regards,

Gill X

• Posted

thats good dont worrie mine was also 27 and i was told it wasnt too much of a problem if i could lose some it was good if not its not enough to stop your op, i saw much heavier than me when i had both knees done , good luck 

debbie xx

• Posted

Thanks Debbie! I know a lot of people say they lost weight after the op so that would be one plus! 

Kind regards,

Gill x 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.