TKR MONDAY 30TH NOV

Posted , 16 users are following.

All set for my TKR tomorrow 30th Nov - it may sound strange to some people but after such a long wait for this - I am really looking forward to this operation !! I have to be at the hostital at 7am and haave been told that I am first on the list as type 2 diabetic - I am not worried about the pain post op as  cant be much worse than the pain this knee has dished out so far.  Wish me luck - they are keeping me in for 5 days so will communicate again  next weekend, with some positive comments I hope. best to all wishes Jude 

4 likes, 36 replies

36 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

WIshing you good luck for tomorrow Jude. Hope all goes well.

Thinking of you biggrin

• Posted

Good luck tomorrow and wishes for an easy recouvery.ni won't say quick, because it is a slow process in the beginning. You will be a new person next year this time for sure. And hopefully a l sooner. 
  • Posted

Wishing you the best of luck tomorrow and hopefully you come through this with no problems.

please let us know how thinks are going.

Really my only real problem is lack of sleep and I am 5 weeks tomorrow.

Liz

• Posted

I wish you a successful operation and as little pain as possible and very quick recovery. Please let us know how it is going. I will have my surgery on Dec 3rd and I am also looking forward to it. Can't wait until I can walk and stand pain free.
  • Posted

Good luck Jude, stay positive and remember the bad times don't last.
  • Posted

jude48, Good luck tomorrow!!! Hope all goes well. Sending positive thoughts and prayers to you and your doctor. Remember this is a long, drawn out process and we all need a lot of patience to get through. Don't go overduing with the exercises and end up going backwards. I know we all wanted to get through this and get back to normal but....it takes time, lots and lots of time. Again wishing you much good luck!!!!
  • Posted

TNR DAY 2 POST OP 

Before my op I said I would post my progess this coming weekend as everything is going so well I just wants to tell other sufferers that do not sit on the fence for 5 years like I have done but book yousef in now !  

Yesterday (Monday ) was under stably painfull but as the hours progress the pain is starting to subside - physio had me out of bed at 4 pm just 5 hours after the op

so all better than told and inspected?

only thing I was worrying about was the fact that my aneathatist name is MR PAYNE !!

• Posted

Guess he found his place in life. I have a chiropractor up the street by the name Bonebrake. Never could muster the courage to go to him.
    • Posted

Good to hear from you Jude! You sound very perky.

So pleased you are doing so well after just 2 days post opbiggrin

We were all thinking about you yesterday!

Keep positive!!

• Posted

So happy to hear all is going well!

Take it one moment at a time, keep positive, and your recovery will go GREAT!

Keep letting us know how things are going!

• Posted

Hi Jude,so glad to hear you are doing well! I was thinking of you whilst they were prepping me for theatre on Monday. However,at the very last minute whilst I was sitting in my gown,paper knickers and silly hat,the surgeon came to say there wasn't a bed for me post op so the whole thing was cancelled. The op is being rescheduled and my GPhas written a stern letter! I hope you continue to do well.
    • Posted

Hi Nicky

So sorry to hear that you got so near and then your Op was cancelled.  We get ourselves mentally and practically prepared for this over many weeks and it must be so disappointing and frustrating for you.

I hope that you have a new date soon, and that it doesn't affect any future plans that you might have already made.

Patsy

• Posted

Thankyou. I was in a bad way emotionally for 24hrs or so. So much of the next few years of my life hang on the results (good or bad),in particular whether I retire earlier than planned and all the money problems that may be involved. The op will be completed by 22nd Dec.....watch this space!
    • Posted

What a nightmare for you - as if the past couple of years haven't been bad enough. It will work this time around - my new surgeon took such care, & already I can tell the difference, & I am at 5 weeks post revision today. No cooking Christmas dinner for you this year - be waited on hand (knee) & foot!!
    • Posted

Oh no Nicky that's awful for you! Hope you get a new date very quickly!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.