Tkr pain

Posted , 5 users are following.

hi, i had a tkr 24 weeks ago, if i do alot of walking one day i seem to get alot of pain and stifness all around my knee for a few days after.  Does anyone else have this problem and is it normal?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I don't know if it is normal but you are definitely not alone. Try to cut down a little on the walking. Maybe it was too much too soon
  • Posted

How far did you walk? I am 12 weeks today and am trying to increase my walking but any further even only a couple feet and I suffer greatly.

​Has anyone any tips how to increase walking distance? I used to walk miles every day and so long to get back to it. I would love tips/ advice too please.  

• Posted

I just walked around the town, i kept stopping and having to sit down, i wouldnt consider that too much at 24 weeks post op. It's starting to feel like i have muscle waste now and its a strain every thime i walk.
    • Posted

I cant walk 3/4 mile and I am getting quite  worried. I though I would be able to get back to walking relatively quickly. My thigh where my new knee joins get really uncomfortable as does the muscle. I too find it hard to walk rond the shops. I stopped using my crutch but at times feel I need it.

Before my knee got really bad I could walk 5 miles at least. My husband blames all the hard speed walking causing the trouble with my knees.

• Posted

Hi tracey

I am 11 weeks post op and my knees cause me pain and stiffness after exercise. I am not sure if it's the muscles doing extra work or just the bones healing. I cannot sit then get up without waiting a few seconds as I experience a lot of stiffness after sitting. You are nearly 6 months po so I would be asking my surgeon if your symptoms are normal as by then I expect to feel far less stiffness and pain than at 12 weeks. Do you have a 6 month follow up appointment scheduled? Best wishes lyn

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.