TKR pain

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm 6 weeks and 3 days after my TKR surgery. Sometimes I have pain on the back of my upper leg. This probably sounds strange but has anyone tried Bengay?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I havent tried it, but I did get a prescription for diclofenac sodium gel..helps a lot!

I read that during surg the use a tourniquet on upper thigh that can cause some lingering pain in that area..I had it also in the inner front of thigh.

• Posted

Hi Angela, thank you, I did not know about the Tourniquet, Make sense .
  • Posted

I regularly use IcyHot roll on on my arthritic back. Helps a great deal! After my knee replacements solved my arthritis THERE, pain in OTHER areas began to stand out.

Roll one are good because you don't have to get the substance on your hands. If you DO use Ben Gay cream, wear latex gloves!

• Posted

Thank you Cheryl I'm happy to hear that you use icy hot. I have that also besides BenGay. Actually I think icy hot works better.

• Posted

Try Voltaren Gel (RX in the USA).  Second best topical anti-inflammatory on the planet.
    • Posted

Thank you Chico Marx, I will email my doctor and ask for a prescription.
    • Posted

Rub it in where you need it.  Works for me in less that 15 minutes.  Great at bedtime.  The absolute best topical is available in Colorado and other such states...but it is an unbelievable painkiller.
    • Posted

I use it daily also diclofenac sodium gel (voltran) on both knees and a shoulder!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.