TKR post op day 11

Posted , 8 users are following.

Venturing out for a short walk today with my partner for support. Need a bit of fresh air and want to see how it feels being outside

2 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

You're very brave. I stayed housebound for at least 2 weeks. At 14 months post op, well, my knees are not perfect but pain is minimal. Good luck and take it slowly.

• Posted

That's quite early days to be venturing out but enjoy the fresh air. Blow away the cobwebs but rest up once you're home 

• Posted

Enjoy!:-)))))  I only dared walk around the garden at that stage LOL!  Hope the weather is nice for you!:-)))) 
  • Posted

I have enjoyed many walks to local garden centres, including nice cream tea! Did you enjoy getting out!

• Posted

You've just reminded me - I DID go out at about two weeks, to a garden centre for a cream cake and coffee (I actually had TWO cakes!!!) and I was still on crutches then.  It all seems such a long time ago now!  But one of the staff came up and offered me a wheelchair, but I said it was part of my therapy to be walking on crutches LOL!  I took my 4" cushion with me because the chairs were low there, so it was easier to get up and down.

• Posted

Not got there yet Jenny just out shower resting knee elevated with ice cuff in for a bit as it's very tight today struggled to do my physio. Will venture out this afternoon lol

• Posted

Have fun!  But I hope the weather is better there.  It's pouring here in the Midlands!

• Posted

Thanks Chris it's overcast here on Wirral but looks ok I won't venture far just want to test see if I can do it and how it feels after. Am thinking it all goes to help as far as exercise goes and a change is as good as a rest eh! My appointment for Cybex with physio has been changed to Monday now

• Posted

Yes, it's encouraging to get outside the door, for sure! 

• Posted

Well ventured outside felt like a marathon!!! Just went about 200 metres up Road and turned rebound came back again. Leg now elevated and iced was hard though x
    • Posted

Don't push yourself too hard.  I remember now, that first time I went out, to the garden centre, where I had to walk from the car to the cafe (where they did the cream cakes) and I was a tad worried that I was going to pass out LOL!  We don't realise the toll the op has taken on our bodies until we start doing stuff like that, but you'll build up your energy surprisingly quickly, I'm sure.  And it does give you a boost to get a change of scenery!  Enjoy the rest now and get your slave to make you a cup of tea:-))))

• Posted

Thanks Chris, he's just done that before leaving for work x

• Posted

Certainly Susie:

Cybex Isokinetc Muscle Strength Testing and Training. For rehabilitation of injuries, prevention of injuries and high performance testing. ... The Cybex Isokinetic Device can test the specific muscle strength at various joints (Ankle, Knee, Hip and Shoulder) in a variety of movement patterns.

• Posted

Good for you!😄

Each new thing you try will teach you more about yourself as the owner of a NEW KNEE!

My surgery for #2 Knee was on a Friday, and I was discharged on Sunday. We were getting a new walkway and driveway put in ( wet cement!) SO I needed to get out of our car that was parked in our neighbour's driveway, walk on the grass with my walker ALL THE WAY AROUND BACK to our deck, up three steps, and then in the sliding glass door. It was a challenge ( especially the uneven grassy lawn!), but I DID IT! My family was inside and had prepared the whole birthday dinner for our youngest son! I was EXHAUSTED but THRILLED I only had to SIT, EAT, and PARTY!🎂🎉🎉

Be safe!

Be BRAVE!

Have fun, and GO FOR IT!😊

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.