TKR problem after 21 months

Posted , 7 users are following.

I had a TKR in my left leg almost two years ago. Everything was going reasonably good until a week ago when I was woken up out of my sleep with the most excruciating pain. It subsided after a time but since then my knee is sore and stiff and feels like it is going to collapse under me. I would love to hear if anyone else experienced anything like this. I lost my Dad 4 weeks ago and was wondering if this triggered something. Any advice welcome. THANK YOU

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

i had a tkr 16 months ago im still numb in the surgery sight im still very stiff i have alot of pain and

yes i have been woken up with pain as well

• Posted

Don't understand this. Had RTKR 2 years ago with 0 issues since healed. Get to your Dr. asap.

• Posted

Hi I had TKR 2 yrs ago & this time approx, last Yr I had excruciating pain &swelling in my knee. It would subside after a while but then would start up again for no reason that I could fathom. Eventually after a particularly bad episode my husband took me to a&e. They admitted me & while I was in had several more episodes. Consultant took me to theatre to take off some fluid from swelling for testing. Meanwhile they sent me home again with morphine. When I saw consultant again he said results of tests were negetive but he want to do more checks for infection. Was sent for bone scan & that came bk negetive as well. All tests I had showed nothing. Consultant could only presume I'd torn a ligament & had a bleed. Had no more episodes of pain, so still a bit of a mystery. Knee still not great tho. Struggle on stairs & hills. Feels like a tight band round it. If your pain carries on go to Dr or A&E. I wish you luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.