TKR progress

Posted , 8 users are following.

I had a right TKR done 8/5. Today I am 5 days post op and am amazed at how good I feel overall. I do have bruising and swelling up high on the thigh but pain is minimal and manageable with the Vicodin. I am wondering if I am being overly optimistic thinking that I will continue to feel pretty good as long as I do my exercises, rest and ice? I did not expect to be able to walk this well already. My in-home PT was here evaluating me yesterday and my ROM, extension and bend are better than she expected. Any advice on how to stay on a good road to recovery are appreciated.

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Keep taking those drugs they are obviously working ....I'm serious fingers crossed you will continue this way to full recovery. A rare bird I must say

• Posted

Thanks. For now I am still going to continue taking them to stay ahead of the pain so I can effectively do my therapy. Weaning will come soon enough. Thanks for the encouragement! 
  • Posted

Fabulous Dee, a really great start.  Lots of advice on the forum, mine would be (at 5 weeks post), there will be ups and downs, don/t measure progress daily, and keep focussed on the positive future if you do have a blip. Great to hear
    • Posted

Thanks so much for the encouragement! I am trying to prepare myself for the not-so-good days and ready to celebrate the great ones!  smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.