Tkr surgery and recovery update

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi I'm 5 weeks post op tkr just an update I've had lots of surgery in the past but this has been the most painful and difficult was a bit down wen I came out of hospital struggled with the pain and didn't seem to be recovering as I thought I would but now 5 weeks on I'm doing really well and learned everybody's recovery is different never compare just concentrate on yourself and always listen to your knee meaning exercise everyday but never push to much so your in to much pain keep upbeat and talk to your physio about any concerns I'm quite young at 41 but im alot more optimistic now I know it's along journey but feeling better everyday stick in the guys and girls 👍

2 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Well done Matthew! I am 3 weeks post op and have an 80 degree bend but I have pushed it so much . I read on patient info about MUA I thought not likely mate! I’m relatively young at 57 and am going to push on

keep going young man your an inspiration to all!

• Posted

Well done! I'm also 5 weeks post op from a partial knee replacement (patella femoral replacement) I'm at 90 for bend but still -10 extension. How are you doing with the straightening.

You are very young. I am 46 and they would do a total at my age.

I know I will need a total, hoping it's later rather than sooner!

Good luck with your continued recovery.

• Posted

Straightening has been the hardest I'm on 107 Bend and 2 weeks ago I was really struggling to straighten but I'm not far off now just a little more but didn't have it straight before the tkr but I'm pushing on looking forward to getting bk on my bike now 👍

• Posted

Well done Matthew, keep up the good work. 

I'm 12 wks po tomorrow rTKR & 17 months lTKR. It does get better.

The reward is having the summer to be able to walk without pain.

All the best 

Marilyn 

XX

• Posted

Great mind set there Matthew I’m 6 months TKR back at work a month ago,playing golf regularly now,got a new lease of life it been hard work but the it’s been so worth it.#happydays

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.