TKR Tomorrow {Fri 18th}

Posted , 12 users are following.

Hi,  I'm due to go in for a TKR tomorrow {Fri 18th Nov}

I'm terrified......I dont know why.  I've already had 2 Hip replacements so you would think I would be used too replacementscry but no I'm scared. Should I read this forum do you think

1 like, 26 replies

26 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Eileen!

Sending prayers of calm and strength to you tonight! 💟

TRY to visualize yourself in a month or two when you are feeling bettet rather than thinking about the you during surgery and recovery. Temporary inconvenience; permanent improvement.

• Posted

Hi

I'm sorry I havent got back to this thread. I've had problems with the site.

I dont mind reading everything.......good and bad. No one is the same.

I dont know if it makes a difference but I've two Hip replacements and  4 weeks post op 2nd hip replacement I was doing an NHS exercise and my leg gave an awful crack. Hospital.....was told I had a fractured greater trochanter bone!!! {up beside the femur somewhere} I was also told it would never heal and I would be on crutches ........that wass 4 years ago almost. Still on the crutches. Quite happy and can manage on them except for pain which is hard to control.  They eventually put me on a small dose of opoids which seemed to help. I also have osteoporosis.

During the TKR I had  units of blood but all in all the surgery went well.

Its hard to tell how well I'm recovering becaue of the crutches that I have had for so long.    Oh I was always driving before the TKR crutches or not.

Its the recovery thats not so good.  Its about 9 weeks now and I'm still very sore. Wakenb up with pain. Have a lot of pain during the day and cant drive much now. It hurts.  and now to cap it all the other leg is getting sore  LOL

I will read those links. Havent had time and its now breakfast time.  I will get back to you all after I read them

Love

Eileen   UK

• Posted

Its now almost 6pm here and I'm wakened  now biggrin 

Oldfatguy1.....I dont know what it was but certainly it wasn't lack of pain.......bone was rubbing on bone so believe you me I was in pain.

I've just being going over your posts again ....thanks for them.

Whoever said that TKR's were worse than THR's was so right. I couldnt believe the difference in pain.

I had a spinal block and that was fine.

I've just been out driing today. Not far but at least driving. Thats a start.

Anyway.......that and the previous post covers everthing I think

Love

Eileen

• Posted

Hi,

Apart from this thread its been ages since I've been on this site. I'm sure I used to get alerts in my inbox that I had a reply???? I cant remember now how toget those.   Help please??  Most sites you put a tick at the bottom of the post to say you want a reply.

It willbe interesting to see if someone replies to this and I get an alert

Love

Eileen   UK

• Posted

Hi Eileen!

Hope you get this! If not, check your site "activity" which may get you to posts made.

Let me know!

• Posted

Hi Everyone

Still having problems with getting alerts to my inbox and I dont always remember to come on to the site rolleyes

You know I got your email Cheryl but nothing else on the site came through.

Well I'll try a few more things

I'm about 12 weeks. I've lost track and havent counted before I started thgis post.....sorry

I still get twinges in my operated knee but not bad.

The other leg is sore but I'm putting that down to compensation........used it so much while the other one was getting over the worst off it lol

I have so many other things wrong and am crutches permanently I cant compare myself to anyone else

I'll just keep going on

Love

Eileen

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.