Tkr tomorrow nervous

Posted , 14 users are following.

Tomorrow the big day scared nervous you name it is there anything i need to ask the surgeon in the am? And usuallt how long do you stsy in the hospitial ? Im not getting cemented so anybody had that and whats the difference?

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Angie, you can ask in the morning about your length of stay in the hospital, I stayed 6 days and then transfered to a rehab facility and am still here currenty. My surgery was Sept 28th and I should return home Oct 26th. I did have cement so I can't answer that. You might want to ask about something to prevent blood clots after the surgery as well as after care and physically therapy. I know you're nervous, but TRY to get a a good night's sleep, take your meds as prescribed and and follow ALL dr orders

Good Luck to you, would love to hear back about how it goes

• Posted

Good luck. I hope you had allergy testing as I am highly allergic to nickel and moderately allergic to bone cement. My surgeon said he didn't have a replacement that was both nickel-free and bone cement-free. He decided to use the bone cement saying he thought I would do just fine. I am 8 weeks out with a flexion of 123 and my PT thinks I am doing great. However, I have a tremendous amount of stiffness, pain, and skin sensitivity. I think I should be further along as I can't walk any distance to speak of without stiffness occurring. I keep thinking it could be the bone-cement allergy as I've read horror stories of what metal and cement allergies can cause. Anyone have any thoughts or experience ?

• Posted

Surgery went well I am home now I have several fractured blisters nobody warned me excruciating pain doctor change dresses I'm working hard with therapy to move past this I feel better than yesterday anybody else have this problem?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.