tmau- trimethylaminuria (i smell it now) and heres what I'm going to do about it.

Posted , 4 users are following.

hey 😃 , i have no clue how im still here. ive managed to get through one of the toughest months, december was such a horrible month,there were many reactions..EVERYWHERE and more than usual. I have had suicidal thoughts but the thought of my family being in pain breaks me. Ive decided to hold on just a little longer. Today i had a doctors appointment and my mom and sister had to be there because im not "18" yet to come alone,anyways she asked if i had any questions (and holy dang believe me prior to the visit i made a HUGE list of questions) but i coward out because i didnt want my mom to worry or get annoyed. Guys...I actually can smell the smell everyone is complaining about, it's hard to describe but it almost smells like brewed coffee?or burnt peanuts/poo. Now after crying for a while ive decided to stop being sad and actually do something about it. im going to purchase chloroply and i also heard castor oil works and i'll start making oregano tea along with a strict diet. so good bye to ice cream and the good stuff 😦 anyways i promise to update every 2 weeks so you guys can see what worked and what didnt. wish me luck ❤️

p.s i hope you guys had good holidays and if you feel like your losing hope feel free to message me, we can get through this together, this tmau condition should not stop us. YOU ARE NOT CRAZY and we will be okay guys.

tmau- trimethylaminuria ...(what it is) The smell is likened to fish, feces, and garbage, and excreted through the pores, sweat, urine, saliva, and even vaginal fluids of those affected.

for more information go to:

Moderator comment: I have removed the link(s) directing to site(s) unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. If users want this information please use the Private Message service to request the details.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Thank you for this message from this i've learnt what trimethylaminuria is as i've never heard of it before , my holidays was okay i guess, im here if you ever need someone to message if your struggling though , don't ever feel like your alone 😃

• Posted

Hi milk,

Good to hear from you again, you're a welcome sight. Glad that you're taking the bull by the horns and trying to limit and maybe even get rid of the smell(s). Step by step, maybe your body needs some time to get rid of the waste inside before you will be relieved. I hope to hear more from you (updates) and always here if you need to vent or anything.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.