TMI but need some advise about rectal bleeding

Posted , 3 users are following.

So, I had a bad bout of diarrhea the other day. Non stop all day. I am 7 months pregnant also so a lot of hemorrhoids this entire pregnancy and constipation. Before the diarrhea I was constipated and straining to go. Now, after the diarrhea that day I started getting sore down there and when I wiped it was bright red with either mucus or blood clots. Now, whenever I have a bowel movement I still have it and some dripping into the toilet. I go to see my obgyn at the beginning of next week but just want to ease my mind a bit. Does anyone else get this? And if it is a swollen hemorrhoid has anyone experienced them with blood clots? My bottom is pretty sore and when I sit it hurts so I have to sit sideways.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

SOUNDS TO me like you have developed a thrombosed hemrroid , they fill UP with blood and pop sometimes causing bleeding ! I had to have a hemrroidectomy done in November and I had one that did this , I Put with it for about eight years straight when it happens and you can’t get the blood to stop, its scary and frustating you can run you some cool water and soak in the cold will help the bleeding stop !They are very uncomfortable and very unpredictable on the bleeding but she oughta be able to open it up andl lance it or maybe even remove for you! BEST OF LUCK

• Posted

sometimes i would pass clots sometimes I Would bleed but not all the time use moist cottonelle wipes or something close to that when going to bathroom less irritating, IF possible soak in warm epsom salt after going to bathroom its soothing ! BEST OF LUCK sometimes i would be at work and out of nowhere it was bust scary and frustrating! IS your blood bright red if so its probably hemrroids your doctor should be able to help good luck!

• Posted

Hi Bianca,

I've been suffering with heavy bleeding from hemorrhoids for a year now and have had 3 bandings and i had the same concerns as you about clots, as i too pass large blood clots which are on the paper when i wipe.

I've been told time and time again not to worry by my consultant so try not to stress. Do go to your GP and get checked out though.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.