Tmj and jaw and muscle pain

Posted , 4 users are following.

working on healthing my tmj, i use a mouth splint but last few days muscles ache like ive been in a dentist chair for hours, but i havent. Saw eft and was wondering if anyone has used it. Its making my helthy anxiety teigger off and i need this to heal now.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Tmj =?

Eft = emotional freedom technique?

• Posted

Everything went to moderator which stinks. Feel free to message me. Tmj is temperol mandibukar joint disorder. Issues with the jaw and muscles..etc..eft is emotional something where you tap stuff. But i want to know who it has helped
    • Posted

Yes eft is great. It disconnects a physical reaction from a mental thought: so if you get tense or anxious when thinking of spiders ... Tap for 20-30 minutes, it slowly decreases it's powers and disappears.

I kept thinking about having a stroke when that public announcement advert come on the TV. I'd get weird sensations in my chest face head neck and back and the thoughts were OBSESSIVE. I tapped on it for about 40 minutes. 2 hours later I was still thinking about it but I hadn't noticed all the weird sensations had stopped, once that happened I slowly stopped thinking about having a stroke.. Then it all just stopped. Get a book and read about it properly I know there's 2-3 in the library near me. So I guess there will be in libraries near you too!

• Posted

"Everything went to moderator which stinks"

To clarify the posts going for moderation - rawb's was a duplicate and the other 2, as the username suggests, were spam. Posts about EFT go for moderation because of the number of users trying to use the forums to sell their services so these get checked before posting. 

• Posted

I suffer TMJ also. Mine is painful so i can understand how you feel. I have not heard of a mouth splint, heard of mouth guard. What is and how does a mouth splint work? 
    • Posted

Its a custom fitted mouth gaurd really. Soft. But i had a gum injury from a potato chip haha but i kept playing with the splint so it wouldnt lean on the gum and i guess made a mess of my jaw. Im healing and i believe it will heal shortly. Doing positive affirmations and trying out this eft tapping stuff i found on you tube for tmj actually. I would love live love to be healed and feel good. 
    • Posted

I had a custom fitted mouth guard years ago, i didn't get on with it because it made me gag so couldn't keep it in my mouth. 
  • Posted

I too have tmj and its at its worst right now, I have been suffering with it for years but because my ha is so bad right now and I'm totally stressed out about how I feel the tmj is agony, my hole left side of my face aches & is numb, my jaw clicks & grinds and all my face muscles are tight! I've also got a lump on my jaw on the same side as the tmj that I keep playing with that is making things worse, I have a splint to that I have to wear a night to stop me clenching & grinding my teeth, however because I'm so on edge my tmj is horrific right now x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.