tmj disorder in fibromyalgia

Posted , 5 users are following.

TMj disorder is a disorder affecting our jaw. Our jaws can sometimes be stiff, painful, poping and clicking.

2 likes, 32 replies

32 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I Just posted about this! Is this why my face/jaws ache? hmmm I wonder? Face feels like I have been laughing really hard when I haven't (wish it was that) You know that ache? also my jaws/face have been sore lately, when sleeping on my side as well (Face on pillow)
    • Posted

I have had that also pam where you feel like youve been laughing realy hard when you havnt. my jaw and down both sides of my face have felt very sore at times. I did some research on this and upped poped fibro and tmj. Ive put it down to that unless my gp or dentist tells me other wise Nothing surprises me any more with fibro to be honest. it loves throwing weird wonderful symptoms at usrolleyes take care  
  • Posted

Hi,

Very true TMJ is difficult at times I have hadto pry my jaw open in the mornings. Can't read your pic , sizing is to small. 

I have had TMJ for many years. 

What treatment do you do for you jaw joints?

hang in there. 

• Posted

Hi Its only recently started with me Im going to speak to my gp about it. x
    • Posted

click on the picture to make it come up bigger I sometimes cant open my mouth to wide, my jaw has been stiff and sometimes it clicks.
  • Posted

Hi Kaz we seem to have an endless range of issues resulting from the big F. I don't get the stiff jaw (yet) but I do get the misalignment that Boqer mentions and what a pain that is literally. However reading that document you included I certainly get the the dizziness, earache and headache mentioned. Massage sounds pretty good to me. 

Hope you you are taking it easy Kaz and managing you backache? Have you had your spine scanned to see the state of you discs etc. if you have osteo maybe it will show up there. Not being a medical person am hazy about all this medical stuff.

Take special care of yourself.xxx

• Posted

morning meg how are you doing hun. hope are manageing to sleep ok. when I spoke to the dr about my back, he said we dont treat slipped discs we just tell you to take painkillers and he said about trying me on another tablet if I spell it out I know it will get moderated. knowing my history with tablets and how I am with them. ive been useing ibuprophen water bottles wheat bags. I did do a silly thing the other day tried bending to put washing in the machine. only for it to make my back worse. wount be doing that again until back is much better. I have got arthritus in my  neck and lower back. back problems run in my family. I will get their I think its going to take time. Take care hope you have a good weekend gentle hugs xxsmile
    • Posted

Wow Kaz that exactly where I have arthritis too, my lower back and neck. Lately my neck has been causing problems, so changed my pillow and also my body position in relation to the screen on my computer, so I look level or down on it so I don't  compress my discs in my neck. It certainly seems to relieve some of that neck tightness and the dull headache I was getting.

Sleeping is not such a problem since I have been on low dose Lyrica.Good luck trying the new pill, I hope this one works for you, you deserve a break. xxx

• Posted

funny you saying about new pillows meg I brought new pillows and new bedding only last sat. Trying to get my self as comfortable as I can in bed I normally lie on my side I find thats more comfortable for me. my sleep not great Im either not sleeping or waking up between 2-3 today it was 3am I couldnt get back off. Hope you have a good weekend hun take care gentle hugs xx
    • Posted

Hi there, sorry to be a bit late on this discussion, but I have another mouth problem which I have never attributed to fibro and was wondering if anyone has it. The membranes in my mouth seem to be so sensitive that if I eat crisps or anything hard, even dry toast, I end up with cuts on my palate, gums or tongue.

I would be interested to see if anyone else gets this.

Thank you

Hugs

Boqer

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.