TMJ jaw Flares from RA

Posted , 6 users are following.

hello all, the weather here in the states has begun to turn much cooler and lots of rain. I find that this is beginning to affect my RA. I have started to suffer from TMJ pain in both of my jaws, thank goodness not in both at the same time. Has anybody had problems with this and if so what did you do? Any help is most welcome.

Also I have not been receiving any notifications from this site lately, has anyone had this problem?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Many people have not had notifications for a while. I have reported your post so the moderator knows and look to see why.

• Posted

Thanks Eileen for raising the matter of notifications to someone, and thanks Jo for asking!

I have also noticed not getting notifications, but I've done nothing about it. Yours is the first new discussion I have been notified of for a long time.

Also, Patient started sending me emails/surveys that assume I am registered as some kind of health professional. I was puzzled and treated them as spam and deleted them without responding. I checked my profile to see if I might have inadvertently checked an incorrect box at some point, or changed my notification settings, but could not see anything. And I saw that there have been a few discussions, but could not add any value.

Jo, I'm sorry about your TMJ pain. I have no experience to speak from on that one. In my own initial RA onset, my TMJ was affected amongst many other joints, but not badly.

Re seasonal changes - perhaps I am too inexperienced to have personally observed seasonal differences in my RA. I may have aggravated mine recently. It is spring in New Zealand. I spent a recent 3 day public holiday weekend gardening. I used a chainsaw and a mulching shredder, so lots of vibration. Then I had perhaps 10 days of pain and sensitivity in hands, elbows, shoulders and feet, with persistent fatigue. I was depressed and worried by it, as I have had many months of being quite well before that. I guess it is not knowing how long it will stay bad, whether I am at the start of a greater decline or if the medications are becoming ineffective - thoughts like that get me down. But thankfully it has eased off again for now.

My best wishes that this passes for you soon Jo.

• Posted

I too, have not been receiving notifications. I thought it was because I didn't join in the discussions but I look forward to reading others experience with RA and helpful suggestions. I haven't had jaw pain yet, but I experience all sorts of painful areas when I over exert myself. Thanks everyone for sharing. Also, I dread the cold. I love hot humid weather. I'd be a great candidate for living in Florida lol.

• Posted

Hi Jo,

Your email was showing as blocked so I have removed the report which means the emails should start coming through again.

Blair/Diane,

I have checked and emails are being sent to you both although it looks like there may have been an issue until yesterday.

The other issue may be that there hasn't been many new discussions lately in this group and/or there may not have been replies to discussions you are following.

If you do still have issues with emails you can either send me a Private Message or use the "Report" link on any post to draw it to our attention. so we can investigate. Also you can use your notifications page (link top right of page) to view any new activity.

Regards,

Alan

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.