TMJ vs Meniere's

Posted , 5 users are following.

So I've had TMJ for as long as i can remember. My jaw clicks and pops with any movement. I was diagnosed with Meniere's back in April. With a little Google time, I have discovered there is a direct correlation between the two. Has anyone else had been diagnosed with both, and have you s ought treatment for the TMJ? If so, did you have any success with it treating Meniere's symptoms as well??

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hello!

I've had Meniere's for a year and TMJ for years too (undiagnosed). I only found out about the correlation through a Facebook group. They are SO often the same thing. I'm willing to posit that 80% of Meniere's diagnoses are TMJ and cervical spine related. I've spoken to many many people who've had their Meniere's eradicated through GOOD TMJ treatment.

• Posted

...when I say undiagnosed, I got it diagnosed in Feb this year but it went undiagnosed despite symptoms for many years!

• Posted

Hello Brandy; I've had tmj twice. 2 bad car accidents dislocated my jaw. I went to an orthodontist n had it wired shut. That helped. But when I go to bed, I have a hardish pillow cushion under my chin. I hug this n it supports my chin upwards all night long. This has Improved the tmj. I get the pillows that are about 10" across n 18 high. This size hugs nices between your arms n tucks under your chin nicely. Try it a couple weeks n let me know how you are doing. Blaze

• Posted

Thanks Blaze. I'm willing to try almost anything at this point.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.