TMS Therapy

Posted , 4 users are following.

Anyone tried it? Did it help?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hey, yes I've done it, I can only speak of my experience but it was incredibly helpful to this day ( I had my treatments in 2017)

• Posted

Thank you for the reply! I'm glad it was helpful for you. My neurologist recommended it but after reading some reviews online I'm skeptical. Just curious what other's experiences have been like. But good to know you had a good outcome from it!

• Posted

Being skeptical is pretty normal I just went for it as I was desperate to reduce the depression I was continually experiencing. Speaking to the psychiatrist at the clinic in London ( I live in the UK) re-assured me as I could of spent countless hours reading reviews of people saying it worked or didn’t work. I really didnt have anything to lose and was willing to give anything a go. I really didn't want to keep taking medication either because to me it was daily reminder that I was 'depressed' or needed ongoing treatment. With doing TMS i just wanted an intensive period of treatment then get on with my life and not identify as a depressed patient anymore, that was annoying me more than anything. Its hard to recommend a treatment, based on my own subjective experience but it appears that TMS has prevented me feeling the pain of a relapsing into a depressive episode since my sessions, and I do wish others who have been regularly depressed get that chance, and I hope TMS works in the same way for you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.