TN 🤗

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello, my lovely TN family.

Hope your day hasn't been to painful and I send gentle hugs to each one of you, I myself have suffered for 5 years now. At first doctors hadn't a clue what to do with me I was basically a prescription drug Guinea pig, out my face most of the time didn't know what day of the week it was, (sad really) seen the neurologist who must have gotten the fright of their life something sat in front of her not a brush through their hair, no face washed, what a mess, crying, I couldn't sleep nothing, couldnt let her touch me, I wanted to die, she took me off all meds and started again, God that lady saved my life, my face was swollen, singles on my skalp because of the stress.

I was given Topiramate, oxcarbazepine, and a medical patch which I wear for 12 hour on my face which I do at night to help me sleep, this all helps me a lot, thank god, thought I would share so may be worth you having a try x

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Good Morning All,

I have also also had TN for 5 years taking Oxcarbamezapine and Lamotrigine morning and evening with a higher dosage at night. I have also been on an antidepressant for much the same time to aid in coping with the TN. I have managed the TN most of the time with not too many flare ups.

I also have Osteoarthritis, mainly in my hands but also hips and knees.

My friend started taking CBD OIL (Cannabis Oil without the bad stuff - totally natural substance made from the Hemp plant). Also a totally legalised product here in the UK,

well have only been on it for 2 weeks and I have ceased taking my evening meds and the antidepressant. I am buoyant, sleeping so well than I have for years. I have new energy and vitality.

I also have Bile Absorption and have been on HRTgel for 20 years. The meds for these conditions have also been ceased. The osteoarthritis is not giving me the pain it was and not being hampered from doing physical work.

I bought the oil from a well known reputable High Street health store. I am on the 5% strength and put 2 drops under my tongue morning and evening.

It may not work for everyone, however this is my testimony,  and so many people I know are using it - with good results. It is so much in demand now, so the good news it is pushing the price down.

Maybe worth a try!

Best Wishes

Sharon

• Posted

Good morning Sharon,

Seems this condition doesn't always comes alone. Yes I also have the lovely side affects of depression. However moving forward I do have an appointment to see my neurologist soon to start with botox injections. However I may just get my self round to HB and work with the CBD oil see if this helps honestly the thought of putting stuff inside my face freaks me out, but my the pain is sore I look like one of these wee dogs that shake all the time, it's just not nice x hope you have a pain free day 💝

• Posted

Hi!

I too take cbd oil and I’m off all medication. Mind you I came off TN meds 6 months ago as I still had pain, plus I wasn’t helping my body with all these manufactured tablets. Been on cbd for 4 months and I’d say it helps. I still have pain but not to the degree that I can’t speak. I’m in the uk but get mine online. Paula xx

• Posted

Good evening Paula, wishing you a pain free day and gentle hugs 🤗

I really do think this is the way forward and I'd love not to be putting all this junk in my body either. Not the best day for me am afraid 😨, what I'd do to be what they all normal or even for a few hours.

Stringing a few words without them coming out the wrong way or back to front haha 😂 😂 at least I make my family giggle still x

• Posted

Hi Paula. I’m in the states, do you mind sharing the website and info you order from? I’ve not heard of this (in Alabama). I’ve had TN since 2009 😫. 

• Posted

Morning junie 

That’s one of the reasons I came off meds as words came out jumbled and people looked at me weirdly, plus they didn’t reduce pain by much, if any. Sounds like you have a nice family and good that they can giggle. 

Hope you have a better day today. In fact I hope we all have a better day. 

Paula xx

• Posted

Hey i been suffered from tn 6 years ago , i been treated i have no pain for last 6 years if u need any advice let me know i know how hard it is

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.