TN

Posted , 5 users are following.

just a tip i used to do when the pain started is open my mouth spoke to the surgeon last week about it and he agreed it should work as you open your mouth it slightly pulls the nerve away from the artery 

hope this helps people

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I know what you mean!  I've done this - opened my mouth really wide and it seems to ease it quite quickly.  There's a famous painting called 'The Scream' which makes me wonder if the artist had trigeminal neuralgia!

• Posted

I agree Chris. I also find that keeping perfectly still, preferably in a comfy chair possibly helps a little. Has anyone else found that while looking  downwards any movement of the face ( speaking, eating, cleaning teeth, etc) can bring on a shock? . I avoid this  although it may be difficult when eating and cleaning the teeth.
  • Posted

I found if you take a vitamin B 100 complex (Puritans Pride.com buy 2 get 3 free)  a B12 in the am I am pain free until supper time. Them I take 1/2 a Carbamasapine & I'm fine all night. Huge relief!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.