TN and itching?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Is there any relationship between a TN flair up and itching all over body? It seems as though ever since my flair up started about a week ago I have had itching on more than just my face. I was wondering if it was related to the TN or just the cold weather we have had in western NY. Let me know if you have any thoughts on this. Thanks!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

It sounds like some sort of allergic reaction.Found this on the WEB

reatment for Itchy Skin

You can temporarily relieve itchy skin with over-the-counter products like itching creams and calamine lotion, moisturizers, and cool baths.

To get long-term relief, you need to identify the cause of the itching. Rashes caused by disease or exposure to irritating substances often run their course and clear up by themselves. If your itchy skin is an allergic reaction, you must learn to avoid the conditions that trigger your allergy or work with an allergist. An underlying condition or disease that causes itching must be diagnosed and treated.

• Posted

Hi Megan, 

You may be consuming too much sugar (my pain intensifies and start to itch (my back) when I have too much chocolate. Sharing my personal experience - best to have a chat with your doctor.

Please consider visiting a licensed acupuncture doctor/clinic around your area. It worked for me. I had TN for 3 years. It may take more than 10 sessions but worth it.

All the best, 

Mark

Published article on "Successful Treatment of a Resistance Trigeminal Neuralgia Patient By Acupuncture":

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2797593/

• Posted

Hi

Are you on Tegretol? Skin reactions are a common adverse side effect of this drug. 

Cheers

Big D

• Posted

Do you take Tegretol? I had an slight attack of TN in June and given this drug which I took as instructed, the last one on 14 th august. I also had itchy rash and as we had just returned from France was diagnosed with 'prickley heat' It eventually settled and now I just have it on my right lower arm. The itch and pain can be severe. I have also experienced mood swings, irrational behaviour and thoughts which is improving. Doctor thinks it's a drug reaction.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.