TN and Jewellery

Posted , 4 users are following.

Has anyone else been told to not wear jewellery as it could agrovate the TN  pain?

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

Not heard that one before! I presume the jewellery in question is piercings (?) which does make sense, but necklaces, hmmmn, can't quite see how. Clip on earrings I can sort of see how that might aggravate the nerve and possibly trigger pain.

Oh well, another thing to avoid, maybe, or live dangerously if you would rather!

• Posted

Lol! There are so many things I can't do now for fear of pain, there is little fun left in life! 
  • Posted

Well, on first glance that seems ridiculous. My first thought was "what the Neurologist thinks it will act like an antenna and bring down the lightening from the flying saucers on the moon?" Please tell me more though. Who said this, and did they say anything more on that subjec? Very strange thing to say to you.
    • Posted

It was my chiropractor who said it. I must admit I thought the same thing about it acting like an antenna. But being in so much pain I was willing to try anything. The pain does feel like lightening, so when we've had storms I have thought could electric storms trigger nerve pain. But the medication has frazzled my brain, so some of my thoughts may be a bit Sci Fi! Lol 😝
    • Posted

Many times my TN shocks went off as I was getting into bed. I was sure it was the electrical clock and iPad so moved them away from the bed.So no reading in bed from then on ,but,at least I had peace.
  • Posted

Well, here's a funny thing- someone on a forum said that we should try Physio. I thought that was probably rubbish, but whatever- like you I am willing to try anything. Anyway, I went along and he was a bit rough. My neck was very sore after. He had been massaging down from my ears on both sides. The next two days the Tn was worse but then it stopped. and its stayed stopped from 15th April to the present day. I dont know how long it will last for me, but it really was worth a go So keep on trying things out, who knows, you may find something
    • Posted

My sisters friend suffers from neuralgia in her head and finds sports massage helps hers. My chiropractor advised against sports massage, but all she does now is massage my back help me with my shoulders as they get so tense with the pain. Oh joy! 
    • Posted

See, now I'm imagining some buff chap on a sandy beach and me on a lounger.....................................................

LOL, enough of that! Massage does make sense, more than not wearing jewellery!! Tense mind and body equals tense joints and muscles which will undoubtedly cause pinching of nerves or pressure on them. I'm going back to the image of a buff chap now, till the drugs kick in anyway!!

Mental hugs to all.

• Posted

I'm with you on the buff chap on a sandy beach! I have just come home from my first day back at work and am waiting for news on wether the sale of my house is going to go through...... So tense is not the word and my jaw is aching. So take me to the sandy beach ...................
  • Posted

I tried Chiro too but it didnt do a lot for me . I tried Physio to see what it would do and it worked so maybe you should give it a go also. It's always worth a go to my way of thinking
    • Posted

You are right! I am seeing the pain management clinic next week, so will see if that's something they offer ..... Thank you! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.