Tn in outer ear and neck?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have a benign tumour on my trigeminal nerve which causes facial numbness and occasional trigeminal neuralgia. I also have tmj. The last few days I have been getting a shooting throbbing pain in my outer ear and neck. Its now every couple of minutes and kept me awake last night. Ive never had neuralgia or any numbness on my ear or neck but can it spread that far? Or is it likely caused by something else? Ill phone my Dr tmw but wondered if anyone gets anything similar

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sarah... I had the same ... it was caused by arthritis in my tmj...

I have recently 6 weeks ago had a total jaw replacement.. made of titanium...

I have now started with Trigeminal neuralgia in the left side of my face... as well as the pain in both my jaw joints I now have this terrible pain..

I do hope you get to see a oral surgeon and things get better for you... this pain is awful I can't go to work as the medication I am on makes me very sleepy so I have recently became unemployed...

a friend of mine has applied for pip as when I have the pain I take to my bed. I can't eat , can't sleep 😭

• Posted

Hello carol thank you for your reply. I was thinking this was due to my tmj. I phoned in sick at work today and am just trying not to move my jaw see if that helps!

Are you saying tho you didn't have trigeminal neuralgia until you had the surgery for tmj?

Sorry to hear that sad xx

• Posted

Yep I only started with face pains like being electrocuted it is.. after my surgery xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.