TN2 & Cold weather is killing me!

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi all hope everyone is doing okay.

I just wanted to post on here and see if anyone else was in the same position as me. I am really strugglung with the cold weather as it is my biggest trigger. I can't leave the house, I can't do anything. I am in so much pain i am just sleeping all the time as i am getting so exhausted with it! I have the heating on full i am wearing a thermal balaclava and hoody and i have a huge blanket wrapped round me and have heat pads on. Still my nerves seem to be imagining a breeze and it is just excruciating! Arghhh! The dull pain i have 24/7 is wearing me down with this weather as the intense pains are just so frequent. Tegretol seens to be doing nothing. I am so sorry for any of you sufferers who have extremelt cold winters this must be hellish. I'm in the uk and its currently 0 degrees C. I know it could be so much worse.

Anyone have any tips or anything it would be much appreciated I'm kinda losing the will here.

Love to all Xx

1 like, 36 replies

36 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Sorry to hear you are suffering so much from the cold weather. It seems wherever we are TN catches us up! I’m in Kenya at the moment, it’s very hot but also windy and even the warm breezes are zinging across my face. It’s even difficult to wear a hat as that triggers pain from the top of my forehead. Makes me realise how much I took for granted before TN started.

Hope all sufferers feel better soon.

• Posted

Well there goes my plan to move somewhere hot haha!

I too get the awful pain when i wear a hat it's so annoying!

I hope you manage to get some wind free days.

Take care of yourself Xx

• Posted

Also besides the over the counter things I take. I found a video on youtube. If you go the the opposite side of the face, take your full hand and tap your face repeatedly you do get a relief. For some people it's permanent, some temporary.

• Posted

I was told this by my accupunturist and it really can ease the intense pains but i find it only works when you manage to find the points so it's a bit of prodding and poking around on your face until you find some relief. Xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.