tnk you all for advice on flying

Posted , 3 users are following.

Every one who answered my question on flying a big THANK YOU, it is wonderful to get help like that. one person did mention the psudamonas bug, which my husband gets. but all advice has helped.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hello Jeannie4243' I'm really interested in your post concerning your husband and his pseudomonas bug, my husband has also contracted this nasty bug and has been in hospital again with this nasty bacteria. I wondered what treatment your husband has received, how long he has had it, in fact any info you have would be brilliant. I hope he's well at the moment. Many thanks Sue.
    • Posted

Hello Susan yes psudamonas is a nasty bug. i will tell you what consultant suggested but do not have correct spellings for meds. He suggested Clarithomysen 1 tablet on Monday 1x Wednesday and 1 x Friday but Joe is allergic to this antibiotic so never took that, so they put him on nebulised colomycin 2 million mixed with sodium saline. He inhales that twice a day. In May 2014 he was in intensive care, and really since then has been in and out of hospital for a year with psudamonas and other infections. This Tuesday i will have had him home 8 weeks and he is not doing to bad, but i never really relax.  I must say i have wonderful support from our G.P. res nurse and consultant. hope that helps good luck let me know how you get on
  • Posted

Hello Jeannie, many thanks for your reply. My husband already takes Clarythomycin, he also has TB, twice he has had it now, god knows where he picked it up from, maybe hospital ? He is one week into nebulised Colomycin, did your husband have a challenge test before he had Colomycin ? I have seen a big deteriation in my husband mainly since Xmas, he has had 4 admissions this year, only returning home again last Thursday. Like you I'm very nervous of what may lie ahead. I never seem to switch off from it.life is very different now. I'm so hoping the Colomycin will dampen the Pseudonomas down as I beleive it cannot be eradicated. Therefore giving him a little more quality of life. Can I ask if you have any hints that may help, although in honesty probably tried them all. May I ask your husbands age and how long he has suffered. Many thanks, I hope I'm not being to intrusive. Sue x
  • Posted

Thanks for asking the question Jeannie.  I have to fly next month and was a little nervous about it.  Reading all of your responses really helped!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.