To all people on this site please get yourself checked for c. Diff

Posted , 7 users are following.

I mirror most all of you in this . Please read my response to David lamb on this site it will give a little more detail.

1 like, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Brian

I did not get your reason for checking for dif? it did not come through ?

Carl

• Posted

Constant nausea , vomiting for days at a time feeling bad all the time all blood work comes back normal all test including multiple colonoscopies, multiple endoscopy 's , nuclear study for gastric emptying, barium swallows, brain scan, ultra sound of all internal organs all normal . So doctor checked me stool testing and this is what came back
    • Posted

Look for my post to David lamb
    • Posted

What came back in stoole after all those expensive and radioactive test.
    • Posted

Cloustrium difficile ( C. Diff ) look it up on webmd. Com
    • Posted

found it in a cheap fecal analysis, they're all about the money. Also more than likely if you have it you're going to have vomiting or diarrhea correct
  • Posted

Hi

my 87yr old father has just been in an isolation ward for the past five weeks with C Diff. He got it due to antibiotic treatment. The antibiotic killed all the "good" flora in his stomach, allowing the "bad"  C Diff flora to take over. This is quite common apparently. From what I've read and been told, C Diff stops being infectious when the diahorrea finishes.

It is a killer in the young and elderly and the areas where the patient has interacted with other people can remain infectious for a very long time. Special cleaning is required in all areas that the infected person has been. 

I know it is a difficult culture to grow, can take up 24 hours. I'm also very surprised that it took so long to be diagnosed.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.