To all the ladies who have had a hysterectomy...

Posted , 3 users are following.

After my diagnosis of Fibro my cycles have become heavy and really painful on top of everything else. On Nov 21 I had my Uterus taken out through my belly. Now I am experiencing more pain than I thought one person could ever handle when I go to the bathroom. Is this normal? Is it because Fibro people feel pain more-so than others? Im taking laxatives but still have excrutiating pain. Any help would be appreciated while i wait to see the doc again this Friday. Thank you!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I wish I could offer you some constructive help, Janet.  Maybe a heating pad on the belly and call to see if the doc can fit you in sooner.

Take care

• Posted

Hi

Could be scar tissue. Nurse told me your bowel needs to expand and contract. Scar tissue can prevent this and can cause pain. If y

• Posted

Sorry

Was gonna say if you constipated would be

Worse. But either way worth getting an appointment with your doctor to check xx

• Posted

Thanks girls, Im sure it cant be good no matter what the cause. Ive tried warm and cold on belly. Ill keep with laxatives until Friday.  Gentle hugs.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.