to all those on mirt

Posted , 5 users are following.

I just want to say I've read all your comments and congratulations to those who have come so far from getting off everyone keep up the good work and best of luck to all of you I am mirt free now but I stugglt

3 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Thank you. I don't know if you saw my comment about me being a herion addict (ex) but on Methadone and that mirt was the hardest thing for withdrawing from in my life so far. I'm so glad (touching wood) I got through it. I'm now currently waiting for Sertraline to start working. Hopefully no weight gain - dr says none. I do feel very let down by our system up here in Aberdeen as I seriously tried to take my life in May. No cry for help and I've had no follow up whatsoever. Nothing. Sent home next day!!!! Anyway hoping for good results from the Sertraline x

• Posted

Hi born Friday I must say kuddles to you for what you have gone through as far as sertraline I don't know much about it sorry to say but it has to be better than mirt I'm hoping I really wish you the best keep me informed about it please thanks ??

• Posted

what a nice message
    • Posted

Thank you cat.

Minor issues at this point. I'm doing a taper every 3 weeks . I'm not concerned now, as I've been down to 15 mg before - trying not to dwell on what might happen when I get below 7.5. The Pdr. would like tapers every two weeks - I will take a month if necessary.  Determined this time to make the titrations small enough to fool the body.  We will have to encourage each other - mid December is a good time. My husband will be doing 7.5 weeks of radiation  (for cancer) ending about that time. 

• Posted

Hi Cat, I've started to reduce mine. I'm doing it a month at a time, at 7.5mg a time.after

• Posted

Darn it saved too soon. Anyway I am now on 37.5mg I started reducing 10 days ago. No real issues as yet. If my plan works out I will stop altogether on December 23rd. Fingers x'd

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.