To all those who had their gallbladder removed and suffered while recovering

Posted , 4 users are following.

Does it get better?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

It depends on what you mean by "suffered".   There will definitely be some suffering because they just pulled an organ out from underneath your liver and they slithered it from underneath your liver and down to your belly button where they plucked it out.  I was feeling no pain after about three days.  It was a very quick recovery, and I wouldn't have classified the first three days after surgery as "suffering".  It's a pretty easy surgery comparatively so if you are having issues that are not controlled by pain medicine I would call your doctor.

Side note:  since I've had mine out I have problems with coffee, and certain kinds of fat found in processed cookies, and fatty meats like pork and beef.  They give me the same symptoms I had before I had my gallbladder out.  Many people don't have these problems, but I do.  The pain from coffee doesn't seem to show up until hours later, whereas the pain from fats shows up within a half hour.

Good luck.  You should be fine.  If not, call your surgeon's office.

• Posted

I am glad you recovered very quickly. I am not in pain anymore. It is just mostly discomfort: nauseous, lightheaded, weak and tired. For some of us, this surgery has a toll on us. It has been 2 months and I still don't have my appetite back.

• Posted

7i have my gallbladder out 2 years ago, I was doing good for 2 days, not a lot of pain but then on Sunday I ate a couple of bites of some steamed veggies and within 10 minutes my lower right side started hurting so bad I couldn't stand up, sit straighten up or anything. Long store short after 3 trips the WE, I HAD ANOTHER SURGERY TO FIX THE BILE LEAK I HAD FROM FRIDAY UNTIL WEDNESDAY NIGHT. I ALMOST DIED BUT I FEEL BETTER OTHER THE PAIN WHERE MY GALLBLADDER BE COMES BACK EVERY FEW DAYS.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.