To B or not to B?

Posted , 12 users are following.

Hi Lovelies, how are you all? Just a question...yeah I know another one! LoL reading many posts here, I've seen that vitamin B12 or multi Bs have been beneficial to many ladies through peri & meno, I have mentioned in my posts that I've tried multi Bs in the past but thinking they were creating or aggravating anxiety I stopped taking them. Sometimes Bs can cause anxiety etc in people. Even though I'm in my third month of taking Livial(Tibolone) im still not feeling right & get terrible heady wooziness & low sugar feelings....would a multi B or B12 stop this, could it be a lack of Bs? Just wish this head thing would stop, it's scaring the bejesus out of me 😥 Thnx ladies for your opinions, take care & keep well xo

3 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi.  Just saw your post about b vitamins and I took them for a while because I heard they were good for us during this time. But like you, I find that after a few days I start to feel anxious. So i stopped them. then read about the benefits, started again and then felt anxious again. So again stopped.  was trying to work out what was causing the anxious feelings. I also take vit c, e and fish oils but now that you say it, I definitely think the B's don't suit me.  Would love to hear if anyone else has had this reaction.

thanks for posting this. This all gets more interesting and confusing by the day. eek

• Posted

Hi nuttynan your not alone I've been experiencing same symptoms just this past week its weird just today I thought I was going to fall over along with the burning tongue and nasty taste in my mouth that won't go away and the aches in my shoulder and elbows grrrrr and feeling doomed hope this gets better for both of us
    • Posted

It sounds like we all suffer from estrogen depletion, as I experienced the same thing.  Stay off of the B's and stay with a women's multi-vitamin and eat Yams!  Bake them, put butter and cinnamon on them, it's chuck full of estrogen and does help!!  And YES, this does suck
  • Posted

Hi Nutty nan I'm in my 13th year after hysterectomy, suffering bad with Tmj, bad neck back pain, loose teeth and peridontil deseise, reading up on Google I have tried magnesium for the lady 2 nights 75mg before bed, supposedly helps muscle pain and anxiety relaxing the body. Well so far I'm feeling much better still have pain in my Jaw but hope over the next few days this will improve. Good luck girls.
  • Posted

Hello nuttynan

I use vitamin B12 boost spray and well woman multi vitamins, my dizziness Isnt as bad as it was but I think I'm iron deficient, therefore the supplement of iron is probably contributing to making me feel better, especially as I have terrible periods. I have been feeling anxious this last month or so, however Christmas always stresses me out plus I've just (by process of elimination) found out I'm allergic to plug ins, I had a festive one plugged in, I felt tight across the chest, lightheaded and panicky, no word of a lie, I unplugged it and I've not felt panicked since....strange but true. It might be a long shot but look for environmental factors that might be making you feel rough too. Hope you're feeling better soon x

• Posted

Hi Nuttynan,

There are 2 types of b12

Cyanocobalamin contains cyanide and your body has to convert it into what you need. The second is methycobalmin which is better for you and stays in the system longer.

Best way to take is by patch or sublingual by lozenge as a lot is lost in the digestive process.

Hope this helps x

• Posted

Hi NuttyNan,

I am taking a ton of supplements. Calcium Magnesium with vitamin D and Phosphorus., Fish Oil, B complex, lots of greens, progesterone cream, amino acids, probiotics and enzymes . I still feel dizzy and off balance and jittery with indigestion during my period. This whole thing is a nightmare. I am going to be 49 in April and can't wait for this awful roller coaster to stop. We all have to just be hopeful and enjoy those moments when we do feel semi normal. Take care

• Posted

Hi debbie

Do you only have these dizzy, jittery feelings etc during your period?  Just wondering if you feel anyway normal at other times while still taking the supplements etc.  and are you taking the supplements long and non-stop?   I too feel awful around my period, when i get one, and then wonder if the supplements are the cause.  If you feel a bit better, like me, at other times then its not supplements?  thnks

• Posted

Hi Metamorphed,

I just started taking my supplements mid October. I have been having the weird off balance and dizzy feeling with panic since April of 2015. My jittery feeling began This November 2015. What really has helped me is eating small tiny healthy meals every 2 hours. Unfortunately I've also had to cut out sugar and caffeine from my diet. I do have some good days during the month where I feel 70% normal. During ovulation and when I have my period I feel the worst. I do think my supplements are working I just think it will take a few months to really see the benefits. Take Care keep hanging in there.

• Posted

Hi debbie

thanks for that.  seems that there is no escaping feeling rubbish just before and after any period.  i thought the supplements were doing something.  it's so hard to know what to do!  i too have given up caffeine, sugar and eating a very plain diet, and like you 70% normal except just before and after any period.   its awful.  maybe you could let me know how the supplements are working for you in another few weeks.

don't you just get fed up with trying out stuff!

take care

• Posted

starflower 1000 natures best and wheatgrass juice powder sorted me out seems to work i had drunk feeling all the time not now
    • Posted

My starflower oil arrived today Karen. Thanks for the recommendation. I hope it helps with my palpitations as it does with your's.
  • Posted

I've started my B12 today NuttyNan and I'm hoping, fingers crossed, that it helps me. I get these kinds of symptoms, like you. I hate that inner trembling that no one can see but you feel like you're shaking to the core. I'll keep an eye on my anxiety with them, I just hope the B12 doesn't affect it. As Tesco says..every little helps. Good luck.
    • Posted

BB, I get that inner trembling many times of the day. I used to confuse them with the shakiness you get with hypoglycemia but its not ...i have both kinds and dont know which im having sometimes. If Ive eaten and still have them then its the former...maybe. I read zinc is good for insulin and magnesium is necessary for calcium absorption so i decided to go a nutient combo of calcium, magnesium and zinc. I also take vit c and antioxidants. Planning to go for cod liver oil caps...lets see. Doctors have no idea whats going on....had to resort to net and forums for reassurance.
    • Posted

Hey Gentleballads, I have the same exact thing. Sometimes when I'm out showing houses, I have to run and eat so quickly or I feel like I'm going to pass out! Never, ever had this until I hit menopause. It's a real annoying, scary feeling.
    • Posted

hey Joanne, do you go  for a special kind of diet ? i found im no good with light snacks.....it has to be a proper meal. the vitamins are of no good as I see.....i even read on another forum that stopping the vitamins stops the vibration. Not tried though yet.
    • Posted

I got the zinc,magnesium and calcium combo gentleballads. I've got a few supplements now, just want to check that I can take them all with my prescription medications. I hope it helps. It's horrible isn't it. Sometimes, if I wake up startled, I shake like a leaf, other times I just have to wait while it passes. I have Type 2 Diabetes so I have a glucose monitor. Several months ago, I was so sure it must be low blood sugar so I tested myself. The levels were fine so I was no closer to fathoming what it was. I feel sorry for you, especially when you have both types of trembling. Good luck x.
    • Posted

I eat like a pig!  ALL the time, everything in site.  I must have put on 40 lbs since I started this lovely journey.  I weigh more now then when I was 9 months pregnant with my daughter.  I wish I could eat snacks, it's all calories calories calories!
    • Posted

Thanks for your replies BB and Joanne. The low blood sugar shaking will not show up in a meter reading i believe coz its ideopathic or functional, there are many types of hypoglycemia......pretty confusing smile
    • Posted

lol same here I try and eat healthy and try not to snack. Nasty taste usually finds me eating strong flavours to keep it at bay.

But yes I'm heavier than I was at 9 months with all my kids and have been for several years now. I might loose a few lbs but they come right back.

• Posted

All I can do is toast to ALL women!  We really rock!!  If men gave birth let alone went thru menopause, they would all be locked up in restraints
    • Posted

I know my husband makes me so jealous says he still feels the same as he did when he was 21! lol also still has the libido to match. He has a bit of balding and greying but has always had 28" waist and he eats as much in a day as I do in three.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.