to give HOPE

Posted , 3 users are following.

Out of the blue in July 2016 I had a silent heart attack! Whilst being tested as to why this happened as I don't smoke, drink, I exercise regulary and cholestrol, blood pressure and weight are all good things went bad very fast. I started having almost daily multiple/random attacks lasting 40-60 minutes. I went to see my first cardiologist and I wasn't happy with his shear lack of interest in what was happening to me as I didn't look like somone who would have angina! I changed cardiologst and I was admitted to hospital straight away, within 1 hour I saw a cardiologist who looked at my medical records and said I think you have Coronary artery spasms (also known as prinzmetals angina and Cardiac x-syndrome) I was started on clacium channel blockers and within 30 minutes I could feel a difference. What has made me join this forum is to share my story as it's a posistive one, I am now back at work, exercising and I feel nearly my old self. I still have symptoms but I can cope with them. I had a few tweeks to my meds along the way and they can be raised if I ever take a turn for the worse which is good to know. I am on Tildiem - calcium channel blockers and Monomil XL - slow release gtn tablets. I was very, very scared when I was going through this and for months I thought that there was going to be no way back but there was, please hang in there and share your concerns with your doctors, get a cardiologist who you trust and have confidence in. I didn't let it change me so don't let it change you. I wish you all the very best of luck.

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Thankyou haley i have finally came out tbe other sixe as well and now i only need my spray every couple or e weeks but still not happy with consultant as he sent me for another stress test where tbey put blue dye and something in your heart to make it go faSt.it was to be a 2day test but hospitL said i didnt need to come back2nd day i phoned consult sect but only got answer machine.ask for call back as next app is dec that was6 weeks never heard anything.it us so scary when your having heart pain and doc says when he gets in touch we wil tell you and gives me beta blockers wbich make me sick.sorry for long moan but we ave to tell someone mary
  • Posted

That's okay Mary and I don't think that you are having a moan, sometimes you just need to let it out. It's a very scary thing to go through and it's sometimes hard to deal with what/ehy this has happened.

I am glad all your treatments are going okay, make sure that you keep chasing your consultants up (not that you should have to).

Best of luck for the future.

Hayley

• Posted

This is for you Haley and Mary thank you for posting your information about what you went through I have had prinzmetal's angina for several years how many heart tests the one where they put the dye in your heart and it's feels like you're being electrocuted and the angiogram no blockages showed up but the spasms did I do have different types of pain in my heart but it's all from the same thing I had a break in my pain for several months and it was wonderful but in the last few days it seems to have came back I think it's from stress I am much older than you I'm sure you are young girls are middle-aged but not my age I am now 70 don't drink or smoke and eat right but have heart attack when I was 37 and had Nitro off and on and much heart medicine it went away for a while I guess I got better but had left bundle branch block I have a lot of herniated discs and arthritis which leaves me unable to exercise and I don't drive anymore it is still very scary I hate to see you girls go through this off and on for the rest of your life and this kind of angina does hang on you just have to take medicine and deal with it it gets harder to deal with the older you get because you run out of patience I wish you both the best for dealing with this and give you a medal of honor for being so brave through this horrendous condition as scary as it is well thanks for reading this post and remember that you have to be strong and we women are very very strong to go through this and be survivors so much for now. Diana 💚?🌻🍀😉

• Posted

Diana, I am so sorry to hear that you have had a relapse in your condition and I wish you all the best in your recovery.

Thank you for your kind words and thoughtful words.

Take good care Diana.

Regards,

Hayley

• Posted

Thankyou haley for reply im getting uzed to this little miracle in bottle and not so scared now . Just have to wait until Dec to see consultant again and believe no news is good news from all my tests .hope you are feeling better with tbis nice weather . Mary xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.