To go back on Fluoxetine or not?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I was on Fluoxetine for a good couple years and managed to get myself in a position to come off them. I have been off them for over 12 months but a couple of personal issues have knocked me sideways. I visited my GP yesterday who to be fair wasn't the best and just suggested "go back on the tablets as your body must have been used to them"?! I got my prescription but just cant make the decision to take them or not! I stumbled across this forum on google and thought just ask. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi I have since Xmas been very hard but think they are really helping awfull side effects but if you feel all else has failed why not it may get your life back good luckx
  • Posted

Hi Marc, I have just read your above post ... if you have done so well for over 12 months I personally would try not to jump back straight on them... I was on them (not for long tbh) but I still have bouts of anxiety. My doc gave me Propranalol (Beta Blocker) to help when this arises. Maybe you could try them to get through this sticky period? They certainly have helped me. x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.