To have operation or not?

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hello I am searching for advice after seeing a urogynecolgist she advised i need pelvic floor repair and possible cervix removal. However my colorectal surgeon disagrees and thinks i should wait and have bio feedback i have had numerous investigations MRI scan CT two sigmoidoscopies and recently a proctogram all carried out by colorectal surgeon. Who do I trust please help . I do not want to live with discomfort and pain any longer all scan show nothing wrong inside my bowels 

1 like, 33 replies

33 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I did have a bad bout after the op but that's because I didn't take enough softener/emollient. My urogyn was horrified when I told her how much movicol I planned to take but I was right and she was wrong. Long term sufferers know what they need to keep going. I have a slow transit and very little urge to go though the latter appears to have improved a bit since my repair (although that could be because I'm less busy and really trying to pay attention!). I'm really quite optimistic!

I definitely think the operation is worth it on all scores.

• Posted

I am 12 weeks post op for TVT tape bladder lift and anterior prolapse repair (cystocele ) .....recovery has been better than I thought and results are amazing ....wish I'd done it 20 years ago! I am 46 now.
  • Posted

Well I had my pre op today and operation paid for all going ahead for next Wednesday 17th no going back now!  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.