To high of a dose?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi. I've been on cymbalta for almost 3 months for post partum anxiety and depression. I was doing really good for a few weeks. Now I feel like my old self but I'm having horrible side effects. I take my 30mg in the morning and a few hrs after I take it I feel amped up. I also have been waking up at 3 in the morning and not being able to fall back to sleep. And if I do it's really bad sleep. I'm having really bad diahrea as well. No sex drive either ( normally that's pretty high) I'm also on 15 mg of Remron and 300 mg of Labatol ( a beat blocker).

My psychiatrist said I could go down to 20 mg a day or stop all together. I don't know if I should go down or stop. Thoughts?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Myranda,

If you are on Facebook, check out a group called "Cymbalta Hurts Worse". The people on there are not doctor's but can share their experiences of stopping cymbalta (duloxetine). They also have notes on safe, gradual tapering, should you wish to come off them. These people in most cases have been to hell and back on this drug, 10k people can't all be wrong?

One of the downsides is that it is still a very young drug, so the full effects, in some cases isn't fully known. It also carries a black box warning in the US. And there are stated cases of people suing the manufacturer because of the withdrawal.

I don't know of many antidepressants that have their very own withdrawal. "Cymbalta Discontinue Syndrome" because it's worse than some other.

Good luck x

• Posted

Thanks. I decided to taper off instead of just stopping so I am going down to a 20. I am on a few different medications so I'm going to taper off one at a time. I'll check out the Facebook page. I've had pretty good response to it considering where I use to be a few months ago.

• Posted

Hi how long have you been taking these to Meds together. My dr wants me to stop with the mirt and continue with duloxetine. I was wondering are the ok together. I was on 15mg mirt but now 7.5mg and 60mg duloxetine.
    • Posted

I was told that they were not safe to be on together. I am completely off the cymbalta and only on 7.5 of the Remaron. I got a lot of information from the Facebook group Cymblata Hurts Worse. I only took them together for a few weeks before I cut the cymbalta out. I felt way overmedicated.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.