To nervous to ask questions at doctors office! :(

Posted , 4 users are following.

Today was the big day to see the doctor about my problems.. I been having parotid gland problems again, and I been very scared it might be cancer.. swelling mostly on right side of face with a tiny knot in neck and behind ear.. last time I went to doctor about this they ruled it off to be allergies.. they did cat scan and they said it looked fine but my right lymph nodes in neck was a little bigger.. this time I went back because of same problems doctor just checked my head and throat and shoulders and after that said well I’m ordering a MRI and we will go from there.. after that I got so nervous I didn’t even ask anything.. I know stupid of me .. but the fact I might have cancer is so scary .. I’m so scared right now.. can someone please help..

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

You must have said enough in order for them to issue an MRI, so I wouldn't say it was an unsuccessful visit smile. I assume you'll be having it soon then going back to the doctor so you can ask what you need to next time. I have social anxiety and sometimes get nervous just hanging out with people I'm close to let alone at the doctor and such but I try to no longer let it stop me doing or saying things. Goodluck with your test and I hope you can find some relief or answers for your symptoms. Does your neck feel strained or sore? I've used magnesium and an anti-inflammatory gel like difflam or deep heat to help help a sore neck. Let us know how your results are. Take care

• Posted

I often times draw a complete blank when I'm at the doctor's office. So I've started writing my questions down and then I have it all in front of me when I get to the doctor's office to talk to the doctor. He might give that a try when you see him again.

• Posted

Dear John, please don't be afraid to ask doctors about anything. Doctors are people with no sex and personal opinion. They are three to help you and give you all the answers. And when you know everything about your health there is nothing to be afraid of anymore. Then  you think about all possible ways to get rid of your condition

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.