TO SCARED TO SEE IF I HAVE IBS DUE TO ME BEING SO PETRIFIED OF GETTING ON THE BUS

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi there my name is christopher lewis kerry and i am 22 years old and i have anxiety and depression and i have learning difficulties to i have been bullied all my life which is now making me so so petrified of getting onto the bus to go and see my local GP im here to see if i can get some advice on how to check if i have IBS 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

IBS, usually means you are sensitive to certain foods, a good food item to start with is cutting out wheat. ie bread, all wheat, that includes cookies as well, for a few days to see what happens, then try something else, say potatoes, remove them from your diet for a few days again, for me I start to notice the difference after about 6 hours, pain & discomfort becomes less with lack of wheat.

I have worked out that I have a sensitivity to wheat, have been tested, and nothing shows up in Dr's tests.

Do you also reliase that bowel cramps can also be caused by anxiety, just part of your body reacting to hormones your anxiety is producing.

• Posted

Hi, Christopher.  That was my son's name too.  I lost him to a tragic accident four years ago this November.  I hope I can be of some help to you as you seem to need some perhaps, "motherly" advice.  I begged him to get some help and he ignored me.  Now you say you are afraid to get on the bus due to bullying.  Why would people bully you on the bus?  I think that being well and seeing your doctor would be of a greater concern to you than your fear of the common bully.  Remember, bullies are just people who are fearful and insecure even though they act big.  They have to knock others down to build themselves up.  Just keep that in mind.  You fear you have IBS which I assume you have gastrointestinal symptoms.  Your digestive tract can be very sensitive to emotional and mental stress.  The sooner you get to a doctor and get your symptoms squared away and either find out what causing them and get treatment, you will become more stressed and have more symptoms.  It's like a domino affect.  Stop the cycle and call you GP, Christopher, make your appt., put ear buds in your ears with your favorite tunes, get on that bus, and get out there!  There's a whole big world out there with a lot of nice people who can help you and beautiful things in it that you are missing out on each day in your young life and life is too short to waste!  Good luck to you!

• Posted

hey yvonne thank you so so much for ur advice i have managed to go and see my gp and everythings ok now
  • Posted

So good to hear, Christopher!  You did good! 
    • Posted

Great advice Yvonne! Christopher I am glad you made it in to see your GP that sounds like a HUGE step. Keep pressing on my friend.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.