To sling or not to sling?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello everyone,

I fell yesterday and landed on my left arm. I thought it was ok to start with but ended up going to A&E and being told I have a fracture up near my elbo. They didn't put a cast on it, just a sling. Trouble is it's much more comfortable without the sling as it goes over the fracture and my wrist, making both of them more painful. So my question is...is it best to wear the sling or not? 

If anyone can help it would be appreciated.

enjoy your day

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

If its really uncomfortable then i wouldnt wear it,but i really think that you should if you go out to protect it, if your home i would go without the sling. Just be careful
    • Posted

Thank you 😊 It's definitely more comfortable without
  • Posted

Hi Boyer sorry to hear you had a fall yesterday and ended up in A&E and being told you have a fracture bless you.I think If it was me I would carry on wearing it incase theirs a possibility you could do more damage. You could ring your  dr surjury ask to speak to the nurse explain things to her see what she says. fibro will also be adding to the pain. Hope it soon heals for you take care
    • Posted

hi Kaz 

thank you, I think I might just phone the surgery, for all its better with it off, like you say I don't want to do any further damage 😊

Take care

gentle hugs

• Posted

Boqer you poor thing!!   Feeling for you!   I was just wondering if you could have placed a Gel filled 'something' to take the brunt of any pressure on the area that is most sore.  OR maybe a half sling..  A nurse could tell you how to do that.    Take care Boqer..hope you heal well..Hugs..
    • Posted

Hi Debs,

thank you, I've been trying to call someone about it but I think they've all gone on a long weekend. It'll have to wait till next week now.

enjoy your weekend

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.