To the moderation team

Posted , 10 users are following.

I totally understand monitoring comments, however slot of the time it take you hours to do so,now as a person that has been in despair and attempted on my life several times I know the impact that one person's message can have, do you not think it would be a better idea to monitor comments that are reported to you as you have that facility on the comments we are talking about ppl that maybe in the process of taking their life and they at that point just need to know ppl are reading and do care before they take their life so a user of the site takes time and expresses their empathy and understanding trying to show that desperate soul there's another answer they go in deep detail and put great thought into what that person really might need to hear at that moment in time to prevent them doing someone to them selves and what happens it doesn't get out on the site for 8 bloody hours by which time could be to late it's ridiculous

2 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I agree, a lot of the time the comment doesn't actually get posted until the next day which is far too long when someone is in need of help. Hope something can be done about this. 

• Posted

I have every sympathy with you Mike as I've had several attempts, each one genuine but for some reason I think it was just not my time. I haven't seen the rest of this thread but I just wanted to assure you that people really do care. I'm going back a few years now but at my lowest I would ring the Samaritans which gives you someone who has time, empathy and training to talk in confidence. I'm really sorry that this has happened to you and I would love to hear that you are feeling even a little bit better.

• Posted

Hi I do understand what you are saying and agree.  However the mods don't routinely read the posts so you need to send it to them direct. Good luck. x

• Posted

Hi Mike,

Most of the folks here have been through this themselves and they do care. The Mod team needs to be careful about posting comments under those circumstances though, because if someone is really that depressed that they are considering suicide a careless comment by someone or a smart-aleck comment by some troll might push someone over the edge.

With that qualifier I would say that 99% of the folks here know where you are coming from, have probably been there themselves and certainly empathize. I have been there myself and on more than one occasion, thank God I never made that mistake. Life can change for the better so suddenly that it can surprise you, so don't make that ultimate mistake. I have been in the deepest of depression and then come out of it within a few days or weeks, things can change that fast.

Hang in there, we need every voice in this struggle. Everyone brings some experience to the table that can benefit others.

• Posted

...and forget it if you include words of support and a link to a sermon!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.