To those that have had hospital UVB therapy..

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've just started UVB therapy at the hospital. Wednesday will be my 7th treatment and I'm up to 90 seconds in the unit. Obviously there is no real difference yet but I've been told it could be up to 20 sessions before I start to see an improvement.

Just wondering to those that have had light therapy how long your psoriasis was kept clear after you stopped UVB treatment. I'm really worried that if the therapy clears my psoriasis up nicely that it will come back pretty soon after stopping!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi hun, I did have this therapy for my psoriasis on my hands and feet it started improving after maybe 13 lots of it x I had to stop after that as I was pregnant x thankfully it cleared up during pregnancy but now my son is 1 and it has flared up badly again. Unfortunately mine is hereditary so I don't think I will ever get ride of it. But hope it helps you x

• Posted

Tom, I did UVB in doctors' offices over twenty years ago.  It cleared me about 80% ... and then it came back worse than ever.  Repeated courses of UVB did less and less.  I don't recall just how long it took to have results, probably a dozen sessions or so.  Worth a shot, but unlikely to keep you clear.

?Today I would certainly try turmeric/curcumin before and during UVB.  I know that the doctors have this protocol to follow before they can give you the expensive biologicals, but it really is pretty pointless.  And all the protocols for psoriasis should start with curcumin.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.