to wean or cold turkey quit Almodipine

Posted , 2 users are following.

I've been on Amlodipine for 3 months and have had bad side effect my GP didn't want to take me off. Side effects I've had were: swelling, heartburn, heart palpatations (so bad I went to the ER), flushing face, insominia, tingling left arm and leg. Since my GP didn't want to take me off I went to see a Cardioligst and after giving my symptoms he told me to stop cold turkey and if BP rises take Atenolol. Seems like Atenolol is a worse drug. I go back to the Cardio for stress test and 1 month of heart monitoring. I'm on day1 of cold turkey and still feeling flush, swollen, hearburn and palpatations. Should i taper instead? My BP was 135/93 and that's the reason for the meds but now stay around 120/85.

Thoughts?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi, honestly I don't know what is worst, I was on Metroprolol for two years and a half, now I am on Propranolol that also has side effects, like nausea, sometimes tired etc.  He was trying to give me also Atenolol but I never tried that one, why dont you ask your cardio about an albation, that works for palpitations.  What exactly is your condition?

• Posted

i just started getting the palpations since taking the Amlodipine so i knew it was the drug that was causing but my GP didnt want to take me off of it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.