To what extent can I use my arm if I have bicep tendinitis?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Female, 23, 100 lbs, 5’1

I got bicep tendinitis from lifting something heavy at work. It started slowly, the pain would come and go but it eventually never stop hurting. Doctor told me to take pain killers and to be patient but wasn’t clear on what I should or should not do. It hurts when I do just anything. The pain is like a 5/10 from my bicep down into my hand. It’s my dominant arm as well!

Can I still use it to brush my teeth, straighten my hair or blow dry it? I have a really hard time doing these things with my left hand but I’m scared I might cause a tear.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

you can do all those things without any issue, u need to give ur arms rest by not lifting weights for few days and next time when u workout start with small weights and less reps and you can increase them eventually..... good luck....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.