Today

Posted , 11 users are following.

Surgery is scheduled this morning and have to admit I am very nervous, but anxious to be on the other side

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi there netta I'm sure everything will go smoothly I was there all of 12 days ago what are you having is it partial knee replacement or is it total knee replacement or something else I had a partial knee replacement and I didn't have the right information throughout but I will say one thing the pain wasn't so bad when I came round from surgery that's because they injected my knee full of anaesthetic so I wouldn't feel much but the pain did come after about 24hrs so be aware of this you will also experience a lot of swelling and bruising so when you do use ice packs I have reusable ice packs which I paid for from amazon they have been a God send also keep your leg elevated too and take pain Meds good luck with your surgery

• Posted

thank you I have a total left knee replacement, thanks for the fore-warning on pain, let's stay connected

• Posted

Your welcome if you do start getting the chronic pain come through that is unbearable don't try to grin and bare it ask a member of staff for pain Meds when I was in hospital I was given liquid morphine bloody wonderful stuff you will need to ice your knee and keep it up to reduce swelling and bring out bruising too when you get home and do the exercises daily too

• Posted

I had bilateral tkr July 18 went back to work Sept 11 the first week sucked I was in the hospital the second week was a little better my only advice is do not rely solely on prescribed or you have to do more stretching while you are home

Good luck everyone HEALS differently

• Posted

I hope your op went to plan and you are not ferling to uncomfortable, best wishes to you
  • Posted

You will be thinking all the evils of heaven and earth have descended on your body for a few days but suddenly you'll find the open door to feeling human again. Gobon through that door and stay with this group. You'll get a lot of great advice but some of it won't make sense till you need it yourself. 1st its one hour at a time then a day at a time and then you can start looking ahead to a pain free future. Take care, go slow but keep moving.

• Posted

I take it you are asleep, I slept a lot while in hospital. I hope everything went well and good luck with your recovery x
  • Posted

Hi Netta!

Sending lots of good thoughts and prayers to you! Be patient, stay strong, and say "Yes!" to pain meds as needed. Don't be scared to get walking. Your new knee is stronger than ever! Drink plenty of water to keep hydrated, and come back here when you can to let us know how you are doing!??

• Posted

Hi

Hope everything goes well and your one of the lucky ones. Who are ok in 3 to 6 weeks rather than 12 or more weeks.

Hope you got plenty of ice available or purchased an Aircast ice bucket and knee wrap.

Good healing

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.